Sunday, December 16, 2007

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS


IT IS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS Newsy part Issue 51

Diary published weekly since 2001
Read a different version
HERE


___________________________________

Hey All! I finally have most of my Christmas décor in place. One more day and it will be complete. Those who know me are aware that adding many decorations both inside and out are very important to me. Our unit was memorable enough to be featured on the RV Times.com front cover Dec 2007 and on CBC Newsnet in 2005. But following my Christmas Decorating Junky whims was definitely most challenging this week. Sunday to Tuesday the winds were so strong that trying to do anything required a major effort. Eventually the gusts quieted down but then it turned cold and a day of wet drizzle – I could not win but I am almost done for this year.

Again today (Sat) it is sooooo windy; by 3 PM I have had to take some of it down. Plus my Dish completely fell over shortly after. Not sure if it is damaged or not – can’t tell till the wind goes away. Park has WiFi although my signal strength is minimal so this Diary may and may not go out tonight. My Dish will not be set up again today so only time will tell. This wind is so horrendous I have never seen anything like it. But my woes did not stop there – my tree also fell down this morning. I did not have my steering wheel table anchored properly. Oh well it is all just time trying to get it up again.

I know I have no right to complain of uncomfortable weather because of the storms those in the north are dealing with but this is just such a change from the perfect pleasant month of sunny warm temps we had just enjoyed. Oh well we will get some cold days this winter so we may as well get use to it. At any rate our LUXOR looked beautiful and will again tomorrow – Pictures will be up next week.

____________________________________


OUR WEEK IN REVIEW


MONDAY while sitting on the patio enjoying the lights we noticed our washer/dryer had developed a leak. So Tuesday we pulled it out of its hole and sure enough we discovered the motor showed signs of stress. We called SPLENDIDE – they are another GOOD GUYS COMPANY to order a new gasket at 3-day delivery. But on closer inspection we needed an entire new pump. Our WD sat in the bathroom hall from Tuesday till today, Saturday, partly waiting for the floor to dry. Splendide recommended JACKS RV MOBILE SERVICE in nearby Mission (956 802 7159 or 956 802 7179). We concur with his expertise as well – he specializes in all RV Service. Although the gasket arrived on Thursday we decided to call Jack for an appointment to install a new motor early Saturday morning. He didn’t have a new one on hand but he did have a 50% discount reconditioned motor ($65. + $40 service call and $50 labour) in stock that will work wonders in our super reliable 8-year old model. These machines are nothing less than spectacular – ours goes through a washing or drying cycle just about every day. Maintenance has been minimal.


''''''''''''‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

On MONDAY we bought our NEW BBQ - Wal*Mart assembled it for pick up THURSDAY. We decided on a unit designed for backyard use ($107.00) that sits on a stand – we’ll use it this way for our 3-months while in Texas. It too came with the warning NOT to attach it to a motorhome or camper. However this unit also included a 20lb propane tank, so although we already have all the safety connections from Marshall Brass on our MH tank, we will use this one with the portable tank while in Texas – have it purged before packing it for the drive home. Next summer we will mainly be in Braemer Valley RV Park at Woodstock, Ontario. When we depart in the fall we’ll store the legs and 20lb propane tank in the shed that is already on our site and take the cooking part to connect using our Marshal Brass attachments over next winter.


‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’


Just as the weather turned cool my fantastic ELECTRALOG FIREPLACE arrived ($98.00). No assembly required – plug in right out of the box. Unless you already have one in your late model high-end RV, THIS ACCESSORY IS A PERFECT ADDITION FOR ANY UNIT. We can enjoy the image of a fireplace with or without the heat turned on. We may not ever use our furnace again, because this unit has two heat levels - those pictures too will be posted next week. I bought my fireplace through the Wal*Mart banner on my website and had it shipped ‘site to store’ to Wal*Mart in Alamo. No shipping costs - plus anyone who orders on-line through that banner, RV Living receives a small affiliate fee – even me.


''''‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’'''’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

This park at ALAMO PALMS has made us feel welcome in so many ways. On TUESDAY the residents of our street gathered together for a dinner at the nearby Rio Grill for a ‘Block Party’. Food was OK but the fellowship was superior. What a fantastic way to get to know our neighbours. WEDNESDAY morning I filled in for a last minute spot at the Park Craft sale. I did not get super rich but one more time I was made to feel so welcome. THURSDAY John played in an in-park pool tournament and came first in his group and FRIDAY he was part of the Alamo Team that played against Victoria Palms RV Park. They have had better tournaments but he’s having fun joining the other pool players. Between times we ran errands and I decorated, and decorated and decorated. My place does look good even if I do say so myself. Hope the wind does not completely destroy it. I love the look of lots of lights and Christmas things.

’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

We will be visiting local parks on Monday to post the signs for the upcoming EXPLORER RV CLUB DEC LUNCHEON. (Canada’s answer to Good Sam). PLACE Garcia’s Restaurant over the Canada Store in Nuevo Progresso. TIME: Noon, 27 Dec – until anyone wants to leave. MENU: Varied – most decadent luncheon features are $8.45 plus tax. One corner of the room will be reserved for us but I would like to know an approximate number of attendees to help with the planning. Everyone is welcome including non RV Club members – please send me an email if you plan to attend. I will be happy to send you a flyer to post in your park. Alamo Palms even put ours on the Park cable news channel. Getting the word out is our biggest problem so please pass it along and invite a friend. The luncheons will always be the last Thursday of the month but the place will vary each month.

_______________________________


FINAL THOUGHTS



Before we know it Christmas will be here. We wish each of you a very happy and fun fill celebration with a lot of things going on that keep life interesting. Visitors from over 120 countries stop by RV Living.net each month – everyone celebrates different holidays, so I also wish everyone a ‘Happy Holidays’ and a MERRY CHRISTMAS .If you have to drive in the snow and ice please travel safe. P&J

PS I send a special thanks to Matthew, chief tech at my webserver SUPERWEBHOST for finding solutions for my mailing LIST problems the past two weeks. Looking for a Web Hosts? Why not check these buy out – they offer a great program for less than $10.00 per month.

No comments: